Catchgate Primary School we want to ensure that every child receives provision which maximises their enjoyment and achievement.
We recognise that consultation with pupils and their families is central to securing success in this area. In order to ensure that pupils and their families feel fully involved in their SEND provision we use the following strategies:
- Regular conversations with parents to discuss their child’s progress in school, what we are doing to help and any concerns/suggestions the family have.
- We believe that pupils should be fully involved in reflecting upon their learning and how well they are doing. Teachers and teaching assistants use many ways to enable pupils to consider their strengths and to express any difficulties they may be experiencing.
- Pupils are involved with the reviews of their SEN Support Plans.
- We encourage an open door policy. We recognise that parents may have concerns at any time in the school year and we would encourage parents not to wait until the next meeting to discuss these.
- Parents are always welcome to call into school to see someone – if we can’t see them there and then, we will make an appointment to do so as soon as possible.
Click on the link below to return to the SEND Offer main page.