Music in school
Music delivery is in partnership with the Durham Music Service. Every class works with a member of the music service throughout the year to ensure there is high quality music happening within school.
- Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 have a half term of Samba Drumming each with Shaun Abbott.
- Children in Years R - Y6 have 30 minutes of music a week with Fiona Glover.
- Year 4 have also taken part in a project with Beamish Museum focusing on Tommy Armstrong who was a miner and wrote/sung songs about pit life throughout the North East.
- The school choir took part in Carol Singing at Beamish Museum.
- The choir has sung at the local church.