Eco-Warriors are pupils in Year 5 and Year 6 who have an active role in school. They raise our awareness about sustainability and encourage everyone to be good at recycling and saving energy. We encourage good habits for the future.
They actively promote:-
- Paper and card
- Printer cartridges
- Switching off lights
- Switching off ICT equipment, rather than leaving it on standby
- Closing doors to keep heat in
- Water saving push top taps
- Taking care of our equipment so that it lasts well
- Using resources in a way that minimises waste
Care for the environment
- Encourage walking rather that using cars to travel to school.
- Using litter bins to keep our school and local area clean
- Designing our raised beds and Forest School tree area to be rich habitats
- As a school we try to use local suppliers to reduce our carbon footprint.
We will be appointing our new Eco-Penguin representatives in due course.
Not forgetting Eco-Penguin!
Eve and Eoghan tell us about the aim of the Eco-warriors.
On Thursdays the Eco-warriors take a look around every classroom and area to check if the area or classroom have their lights, projectors and computers off. We even check inside classroom cupboards!! On Friday in collective worship we give the classroom or area we feel have been the most eco-friendly throughout the week. They are awarded Eco Penguin to keep in their class for the week.
REMEMBER TO BE ECO FRIENDLY. KEEP THE LIGHTS OFF.