Welcome to Year 6!
The Year 6 children will be in the classroom with myself (Mr Smith) and Mrs Fraser. Here is a little more about us both:
Mr Smith - Hello! Welcome to Year 6 and your final year of primary school! This year will be tough but it will also be your most enjoyable at school yet. I have worked at Catchgate since 2014 and have taught Year 1, Year 3 and Year 6. My favourite subjects are PE, science and history. Outside of school, my life mainly revolves around my family but any free time I have is spent watching/playing football (or any other sport except golf!).
- Children will try their best to improve themselves in all aspects.
- Reading Records and Spelling books to be brought to school and taken home every day. (Replacements can be bought from the office)
- Children will read as much as possible and this should be recorded in Reading Records.
- Children will bring Forest School and swimming kits in on the correct days.
- PE kit to be in school Monday-Friday.
To support their learning, children will receive weekly spelling practice, focused times tables, a variety of reading books, and engaging math tasks on Sumdog that align with their current lessons. These activities foster independent learning and reinforce classroom instruction. Please feel free to reach out to your child's teacher with any questions or for additional support. Thank you for being an active participant in your child's education!
Class Notebook is an online platform which we use in school for most lessons but also for homework. Below is a link to our Class Notebook, which you can access using your child's unique username and password. This will be stuck in your child's Reading Record alongside other passwords they may need for other online platforms I recommend.
Contact Mr Smith
If you wish to ask any questions or have any concerns, please use the contact form below or speak to me at the gate after school.