Catchgate Primary School works closely with other professionals who may be involved in the care/education of your child.
These may include one or more of the following:
- Occupational Therapy – For pupils with fine and gross motor difficulties
- CAHMS – For pupils with social and emotional difficulties
- Speech & Language Therapy
- School Nurses
- Health Visitors
- SEND team – Assess pupils for specific SEND and may suggest individual support programmes
- LACES team – For looked after children
- Educational Psychology Service – To assess pupils for specific SEND and provide individual support programmes and offer advice
- Regular meetings between the Head, SENCO and school nurse
- ASD team offers advice and strategies for children who have an autistic spectrum disorder
Some children benefit from special equipment to aid their learning. These may include, for example, special
pens, rulers, cushions, coloured overlays, writing wedges and pencil grips etc. These, or other special equipment,
would be provided if recommended for your child.
- Early identification of needs requiring referral to external professionals
- Regular communication and information sharing with an extensive range of external agencies
- Sharing of professional reports with parents
- Behaviour Support Services
- Educational Social Workers
- Medical Practitioners
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- Tree Tops Occupational Therapy
School offers support for parents/carers
- Open Door Policy – Come into school at any time if you feel you need to discuss anything. We encourage an open door policy. We recognise that parents may have concerns at any time in the school year and we would encourage parents not to wait until the next meeting to discuss these.
- Termly parents evenings and opportunities to meet the teacher during transition week
- Termly SEND reviews/annual reviews depending upon your child’s needs. These are centred around your child. Targets are reviewed and new targets are set.
- TAF (Team Around the Family) meetings convened where a pupil’s/family’s needs are assessed as significant
We believe that pupils should be fully involved in reflecting upon their learning and how well they are doing. Teachers and teaching assistants use many ways to enable pupils to consider their strengths and to express any difficulties they may be experiencing.
School offers Extra Curricular Activities
We want your child to enjoy their years in Catchgate School to the full so we offer regular after school activities which are open to all pupils.
Click on the link below to return to the SEND Offer main page.